Peptide therapy in Atlanta is now within reach of anyone who wants to look, feel, and perform better! You probably came across this article because you may be thinking “What is peptide therapy?” Well, you came to the right place to find out! This post should answer all of your major questions about this cutting-edge treatment and what the different options are.
Or you may be considering peptide therapy as a weight loss treatment. At Elevate Wellness Clinic, we have been helping people lose weight in Atlanta with our advanced medical weight loss programs and peptide therapy is certainly a big part of our success. If you have specific questions, please know that we are always a phone call away to answer any questions or concerns that you may have about peptide therapy in Atlanta.
So What The Heck is a Peptide Anyway?
Peptides are similar to proteins in that both are made up of amino acids held together by peptide bonds. The biggest difference between a peptide and a protein is size and structure. Peptides are made up of short strings of between 2 and 50 amino acids, whereas proteins are comprised of 50 or more. Since peptides are smaller, they tend to be easier for your body to utilize. Peptides are naturally present in many of the foods we eat and many of them have been associated with healthy benefits like reducing inflammation, fighting harmful microbes, building muscle and slowing down the aging process.
In recent years, doctors have been extensively studying the effects of bioactive peptides, or those that have a beneficial effect on the body and may positively impact human health.
Different bioactive peptides have different properties and the effects they have on the body depend on the sequence of amino acids that they contain. Bioactive peptides help your body initiate its own healing process to promote better health.
Research indicates that bioactive peptides may:
- slow down the aging process
- build strength and muscle
- increase sexual function and libido
- lower high blood pressure
- improve wound healing
- kill microbes
- reduce inflammation
- prevent the formation of blood clots
- improve immune function
- act as antioxidants
Bioactive peptides may also play a major role in how your body responds to diet and exercise. An increase in peptide availability could help combat fatigue, increase endurance, enhance recovery, reduce injury, and speed up healing. Sufficient peptide levels are essential for achieving at optimal results.
What is Peptide Therapy?
Peptide therapy is designed to stimulate our cellular regrowth systems. Peptides are typically administered through the skin as a subcutaneous injection, but some forms can also be applied in a cream, a nasal spray or in oral form. The targeted nature of a particular peptide treatment is used to produce a specific reaction in the body. For instance, some peptides have been shown to assist with weight loss by stimulating the breakdown of visceral fat. Collagen peptides may benefit skin health and reverse the signs of aging – like wrinkles. Creatine peptides have been shown to build strength and increase muscle mass.
Many researchers consider peptide therapy as a breakthrough in modern medicine due to their rejuvenating actions for our physical and mental functions. There are over 80 US FDA-approved peptide medications available today. When administered properly, peptide treatment is generally considered to be very safe with a low potential for adverse side effects. As one of the top IV infusion clinics in Atlanta, we take careful steps to ensure the safe application of peptides in every patient.
How are Peptide Therapies Administered?
While there are approved peptide therapies that can be taken orally, or through topical creams or via nasal sprays, subcutaneous injections tend to be the most popular vehicle for application. Injection allows the peptide to get into the bloodstream faster and can be utilized by the body more efficiently. The process is usually quick and easy. That said, at Elevate Wellness Clinic, all peptide treatment plans are custom tailored to each patient depending on the intended outcome.
What Types of Peptide Therapies are Available in Atlanta?
At Elevate Wellness Clinic, we can custom design a peptide treatment plan based on a specific individual’s needs. Here are just some of the peptide treatments available in Atlanta:
- Growth Hormone Optimization which may help stimulate your body’s natural production of Human Growth Hormone (HGH). This can help accelerate weight loss, increase muscle mass, improve sleep quality, eliminate “brain fog”, and decrease exercise recovery times. This therapy works best for weight loss if you are already following a reasonable diet and exercise plan. (Read our article about Whole30, Paleo and Keto Diets in Atlanta.)
- Peptide therapy with Thymosin Alpha-1 helps to stimulate the body’s natural immune system to prevent or to decrease recovery times from common illnesses like colds and bacterial infections. Thymosin Alpha-1 is associated with restoring and modulating immune function. It’s been used particularly in patients with chronic fatigue and autoimmune issues. It may also be helpful as a Lyme disease treatment.
- Peptide therapy with Thymosin B-4 stimulates wound healing and muscle recovery through enhanced angiogenesis (improving blood flow to the injured area) along with recruiting new cells to the area and neutralizing inflammatory molecules. Patients see significant improvements in their recovery between workouts as well as faster and more lasting resolution of nagging muscle and joint injuries. It is often prescribed for acute injury, surgical repair, and for senior athletes.
- As one of the top clinics offering TRT in Atlanta, we know that testosterone replacement therapy in men experiencing Low-T may be only part of the solution. If sexual desire is an issue, peptide therapy with PT-141 works at the brain level, stimulating the actual neurologic pathways that lead to sexual arousal. This therapy is a subcutaneous injection that you administer on an “as needed” basis 30 minutes to 2 hours prior to anticipated sexual activity, or as a regular dose every 3 days.
- GHK-Cu is a topical therapy that uses a cellular signaling peptide that increases your skin’s firmness, elasticity, and clarity. A human copper-binding peptide that functions as a potent protector of tissue, GHK-Cu works as an anti-inflammatory agent that controls oxidative damage that occurs post-tissue injury. Studies have shown this therapy to increase collagen by up to 70%, improving the structure of aging skin while reducing fine lines and reducing the depth of wrinkles.
- How about a tan without the sunburn? Melanotan I is an analog of the naturally occurring peptide hormone, alpha-Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone (alpha-MSH). By stimulating melanocyte production in the skin without the harmful effects of the sun’s UV rays, patients can achieve a natural tan without skin damage. This treatment is a subcutaneous injection once a day for 1-2 weeks, and then twice weekly thereafter for maintenance.
- KPV is a series of three amino acids mimicking a fragment of alpha-MSH that demonstrates powerful anti-inflammatory properties. It exhibits these effects not just in the skin but in the gut and immune system as well. KPV is available in topical, oral, and subcutaneous injectable form and is an effective treatment for inflammatory bowel disease, psoriasis, and general systemic inflammation.
Have a specific treatment that you are looking for? Please do not hesitate to contact us. We carry and custom design many cutting-edge peptide treatment options.
Is Peptide Therapy Right for Me?
You might be thinking to yourself that peptide therapy sounds awesome and that you should be starting your program right away! BUT let’s be clear about a few things:
Peptide treatments are rising in popularity, but peptide therapy is not a magic cure-all for every ailment. It should be considered as a supportive treatment that helps your body function at an optimal level. How do you know which specific treatment is the right choice? Not all peptides will be suitable for you. You’ll need to consult with a clinician or doctor that specializes in peptide therapy and understands the ideal results you are looking for. It is important to understand that one peptide treatment will not make an obese person skinny, but it may help someone who has committed to a realistic diet and exercise plan to significantly enhance their results with greater ease.
Peptide therapy should be used in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle and should be paired with other holistic treatments to get the maximum physical benefit. When performed under the supervision of a reputable doctor or clinician, peptide therapy is generally considered safe and may be used to produce specific positive outcomes. The good news is that peptides generally support and enhance body functions, so you may reap some additional healthy benefits that you may not initially expect, like increase sex drive, a more youthful appearance, fuller hair, and increased feeling of well-being!
Would you like to explore the benefits of Peptide Therapy in Atlanta? Please give us a call to set up a FREE consultation and find out which peptide therapies are is best suited to you. We look forward to assisting you on your journey to good health and vitality!